Online Registration Form
INTRODUCTORY MOTORCYCLE EXPERIENCE (IME)
This 2-hour hands on course is aimed to help novice riders gain confidence and familiarity with the motorcycle before signing up for the Basic RiderCourse and is helpful starting point for potential riders wanting to determine whether motorcycling is for them. Motorcycle for the course provided; students must bring their own helmet and wear protective clothing. A license is not issued for this course.
a. Get familiar with protective gear
b. Get familiar with key motorcycle controls, including practice operating a clutch
c. Get the feeling of starting out and stopping in a straight line
- mounting and dismounting
- Starting and stopping the engine
- Clutch lever, throttle and brake use and coordination
- Basic starting out and stopping using 1st gear
Coaches for the program are experienced motorcycle operators nationally certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and recognized by the Virginia DMV’s Rider Training Program.
Class location: 399 B E Lee Street, Broadway, VA 22815
Clothing students must provide*:
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle shoes/boots (non-canvas); ankle bone must be covered
- Long pants (something durable for your protection, i.e. not thin leggings; jeans are acceptable)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Full-finger gloves (motorcycle or leather gloves preferred)
- Eye protection (your helmet face shield is a great option; or shatter-proof eye glasses or sunglasses if your helmet doesn’t have a face shield)
- Full or 3/4 face DOT-approved helmet (no half shells)
Course Fee:This class has 0 of 4 seats available
We are sorry, the SOLD OUT | IME (Introductory Motorcycle Experience) 2-hour course course is full at this time. Please choose another course at our Classes Calendar.
Riders In Motion
Stop by and see our partners with Blue Ridge Powersports! Also, ask their team about discounts for our students on riding gear and even motorcycles.
Now Hiring– Licensed MSF RiderCoaches, $625 paid per class! Call 540-478-5348 for more information. If you are not already a RiderCoach and would like to become one, please call or email us today! Phone: (540) 478-5348 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Committed to helping you feel comfortable and confident on the open road!”
Address: 399 B East Lee St, Broadway, Virginia 22815
Phone: (540) 478-5348